Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hello November


Hello November!

You used to greet me each morning wearing your glimmering white coat that glowed brightly under the lights on our quiet street.  As I made my way to the bus stop, to await the arrival of my ride to work, I would take note of the newly added thickness of your coat, and wonder just how heavy it would become in the coming weeks.

Now you greet me with your chilly breath and a coat without substance.  The weight of which rolls off the windshield of my car with one swipe of the blades.

The sound of your falling rain is deafening to my ears. You are not the same November I have grown to know, grown to love and appreciate for the gifts you used to bring.

Perhaps you are saving your white coat for a rainy day but haven't you heard the news November, some things are not worth saving.  Some things are worth sharing and wearing because someday might never come.

So I say to you November, put on that white coat. Let us see you in all your glimmering glory.  I am ready.


No comments: