Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Saying Goodbye to Lysol Wipes



Do you remember this post? I thought you might like to know that I am saying goodbye to the Lysol Disinfecting Wipes. As you recall I used them to clean the yucky parts of the bathroom and afterwards could throw them away fairly guilt free. They have an odor that I can tolerate, and they had a thickness to them that would stand up to hard work. Did you notice the word ‘had’? Past tense in the thickness and structure of this product is why I am saying goodbye.



Old product version...


New product version...


New Lysol Disinfecting Wipes on the left, older version of the product on the right.

Lysol has changed their product to a thinner wipe that barely has the stamina to complete even the simplest tasks. It does not hold moisture and the fibers quickly break down and are left behind on the surface being wiped.

If every company keeps taking olives out of the jar, that jar of olives will no longer be worth purchasing. And I am very sorry to report that this product is no longer worth purchasing.

DIY Thieves wipes directions are welcomed.

.....

P.S. Just to let you know how serious this is for me I left a message with Lysol customer service as I thought they should hear it directly from me, and this is their reply.  Perhaps a canned reply but it is worded well...


Dear Ms. D'June:

We were sorry to learn of your disappointment with Lysol® Disinfecting Wipes.

As a valued consumer, your comments are extremely important to us. Our products are under constant review with the intention of making improvements whenever possible. The opinions of consumers like yourself play an important role in that process and we appreciate your taking the time to offer your input.

We thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,
Phil White
Consumer Relations



4 comments:

CarolJo said...

I’ve been using the Omniwipe container and refillable wipes. The wipes are very sturdy. I mix Thieves cleaner with water for the wipes to soak in. It works great in the bathroom!
Google Omniwipes

Good for you for writing to the company. The new Clorox wipes sound like Dollar Store quality.

CarolJo said...

Oops those aren’t Clorox wipes.... they are Lysol. I use to buy Clorox wipes.

Julia Mist DJune said...

Thanks for the tip on the Omni wipes. :)

CarolJo said...

You are welcome.