Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Fading Light of November



The sun dips lower and lower on the horizon and some days even 61.2 degrees north seems just a bit too far north for this solar powered woman. Between here and more sunshine, is a latitude that would put me too far away from the people I love most and no amount of sunshine is worth that amount of missing out.

So I look for the gifts that can be found at 61.2 degrees north. I look and I find joy in the fading light of November shining in my window.

May the coming winter days bring you joy and warmth to fill your heart with peace.

...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. Your words are perfect. Welcome to December tomorrow. Love you. Grace

Synne said...

I know how you feel - we Norwegians are also starved for sunshine this time of year, but the sun turns in three weeks already, and the days will start getting longer again! In the meantime, we'll just have to make the most of it and make every day as cosy as we can.
Happy winter wishes from Oslo!

Julia Mist DJune said...

Thanks Grace! Love you back! Bring on December. Have a great day and stay warm.

Julia Mist DJune said...

Good morning Synne, we do share the latitude in common and I am thankful for your reminder that it will not be long now till the return of our longer days. Happy winter wishes to you in return!

Anonymous said...

I love the optimism that Synne has, we can do this for three more weeks.