Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Moving On ~ vs ~ Moving Forward

While standing in line awaiting our turn to be next we over heard a bit of the conversation that was happening just beside us.  An older fella asked another younger looking fella "how are you doing since his father has passed away"?

"We are moving on" said the younger fella in a rather monotone voice without much inflection in his words.  Then he proceeded to talk about what his Mom was up to and what he was doing these days for his job or job prospects as it were.

We moved up in the line and these fellas drifted away from us and my heart thought for a moment ~ moving on ~ how can you move on at the loss of someone so great in your life as my Dad is to all of us?

You move on from a bad job.  You move on with your life after a bad relationship but to move on after the loss of my father is not for me, nor for any of us I figure.

Moving forward ~ I choose to move forward with my life ~ best I can muster on some days.  On other days I feel stronger, there is strength to be gained in the joining of our hearts and the banding together and I am thankful every day for the hugs from my strong sons & husband!

We are moving forward ~ best we can ~ gaining strength everyday ~ I know Dad would be proud!

No comments: