Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bleeding Scabbing Scar

When we loose someone we love or experience an emotional loss there are stages, I suppose, that you have to go through. There is the bleeding of the freshly opened wound. This could happen in the form of a slow cut that we could see coming say a loved one with terminal cancer or the death of an elderly parent. Or the gashing open of the flesh that requires the swift hand of a medic, either way the bleeding must be stopped to form the scab that will leave the scar.

It is the scabbing stage of grief and loss that I wonder about. We do all heal at our own pace and use different techniques to accomplish this healing. How does one keep from picking at the scab?

Perhaps this train of thought is due to getting older, as we age and gain more knowledge and retrospect on life, we can see more clearly our mortality. More importantly for me at this time is the mortality of my parents. There have been friends and loved ones in my life as of late that have lost their parents causing me to wonder what to say, how to act. Trying hard to avoid those killer cliches.

Beautiful memories, warm loving feelings glowing from the scar. Thank you CJ ~ wise words to build upon.

3 comments:

CJ said...

I too think of my parents and their aging...life is getting shorter and the time we spend with them needs to be longer.

Do not think of it as picking at the scab, but adding vitamin E to it whenever the heart is aching for the loved one. That is the time to just hold that person... sometimes words are over rated.

Christine said...

Welcome to the blog world! So far so good your wave is moving.

Julia Mist DJune said...

Vitamin E ~ to heal the wound ~ when I have visited old woulds I thought it was just picking at the scab but in fact it is adding salve. Healing soothing balm.

Christine ~ its good to hear from you, thank you!