Thursday, March 25, 2021

365 Days Working from Home

Everyone around the globe is reflecting on the past year that has elapsed. It is like a New Year's celebration, and the forming of a new marker with which we will measure our future years. For me I am reflecting on the fact that it has been 365 days since I started working from home. This time last year I was filled with an overwhelming sense of anxiety and the best coping mechanism I could come up with was stress releasing, somewhat ill humor.

Diaries of a Foisted Home Office thankfully did not have to endure much airtime but my identification number #32520 will remain a day that I now can proudly look back on with my head held high.

Today I am glad to have the privilege to be able to work from home. I am productive, no longer uneasy about the situation, and I have gained a stronger sense of self worth as part of my working-group. Plus, my blood pressure is lower. Working from home suits me.

My desk has under gone a few changes in the last year. The most recent change was we switched rooms between our master room and guest room. The master room is now where our small full bed and my office reside. This room has a larger southeast facing window, and offers more space to move about during the day.

We are expecting guests this summer so this change is a win-win. Our guests will get to sleep in the queen bed in a tidy room, and we will take the smaller full-size bed. It will be like the good-ol’ days before we upgraded to the queen bed.

Onward and upward, as some aspects of our lives move forward with a sense of normalcy, and I continue to work from home.


Day one working from home.


About a week later we converted the small table into a standing workspace, and I retrieved my full computer set up from the work building.


By the end of summer my husband bought me a large standing desk that will be converted into an artist table when I retire.


P.S. this photo was taken after work hours.


New office setup in the larger master room with the nice window and more space.

...



No comments: