Saturday, December 26, 2020

Peace & Joy


Earlier this week a Chinook wind blew into Anchor-town, and along with it rain, both of which have started to melt the fresh fluffy snow that fell only days ago. Melting snow on Christmas somehow seems cruel, especially when you live in this part of Alaska.

However I know Christmas is not carried on the white snow. It does not magically appear just because the calendar reads December 25. I believe Christmas is something you create in your heart, and a little bit of holiday music helps too.

Joy is found on track 5 as the sweet familiar melody fills the house. It is a quiet house otherwise, just me. Me and the freshly baked sugar cookies. I hope I don't spoil my appetite, as Christmas prime rib supper with our dear friends is going to be amazing. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting today.

Anonymous said...

Always happy to see a new post from you! J

Julia Mist DJune said...

:)