Monday, October 17, 2016

Day One


Day One - Dear Mr. Having-to-get-up and-make-my-Own-Coffee, I'm not sure I like you.

Day one started off with a rush as I overslept, didn't mean to, like all days that I oversleep, this really was not the plan. Coffee, lunch, water, and a house half elfed will have to do. The clean dishes will have to stay in the dishwasher, and this day will get logged in the record books as the first morning that I've abandoned the new morning protocol to put the clean dishes away. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come or this is going to be a long week.

The drive to work this morning was good but I would like to note that at the corner of Tudor and Lake Otis I was squeezed out of my lane by a car with plates that read 'Britt1'. What's up with
that?

Also noteworthy is that I could see a light dusting of snow on the top peaks, way in the distance of the Chugach Mountains. It begins.

Tonight after supper I prepared some of what would normally be on the morning task list. Coffee is ground, water bottle full, and the cream container is ready to dispense its goodness. I've learned from the master. Thank you husband for being a good example.

Oh and one more thing... Dear Mr. Train Crossing Active Sign, thank you for saving me time in traffic and giving me the opportunity to practice my city ninja skills.

Good night. Sleep tight and sweet dreams filled with peace and joy.

No comments: