Monday, December 8, 2014

Faith and Resilience

When I am feeling the warm surrounding comfort of my faith, faith in the Lord, I am a dandelion that can withstand any dry spell, as I know it is all part of the plan for my life. I have faith that I am exactly where I am supposed to be at that exact moment. I am up for the challenge of what’s next.

On dark gray parched days when all seems wrong in my world, when there is no soothing balm to be seen for miles, that is when my faith wavers. I am an orchid in need of extra kindness and devotion by the gardeners in my life. These are also the times I find myself asking “why me” and wondering if I have been forgotten.

Do we ask ourselves “why me” when we are feeling low and without faith? And on the contrary when our faith is strong do we ask ourselves “what next”?

Does our faith make us more resilient? For me there is peace in knowing that my faith will guide me through the harsh days when my dandelion self says to the world “bring it on”. Likewise during my orchid days or weeks, as are sometimes the case, my faith again will guide me to trust in our Lord and lean on my gardeners to nurture my tender soul so that I can bloom again.

Have faith in your resilience and the Lord.

Share the love often and always!

No comments: