Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stars in My Eyes




This holiday break I got stars in my eyes. Paper stars that is, the kind of origami stars that take you awhile to figure out but once you've done a few you have it mastered for all time. Especially if you start out thinking you're going to make 30 stars and your goal grows to 100 and then "why don't we just fold the rest of the pieces of paper and see how many we get".

The paper we are using are topographical maps of Alaska. The book had become so worn that all of the pages were falling out and I was going to give it away. In fact I did give it away and then realized that they would make the best paper stars ever. The person that I gave them to, kind sweet Haley, gave it back so that we would have a Christmas break project.

My great grandmother used to make these stars and I still have a dozen that she made and dipped in wax to preserve them. They look great on the Christmas tree or hanging from the mantle year round.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and learned how to make a star. We still have a few more to fold so if you stop by and have a few minutes we will sit down at the table and have stars in our eyes together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to learn how to make stars!! The ones that you made are beautiful! Love to all! mom & Bob xoxoxo

Julia Mist DJune said...

I'll save some of the paper for you and Bob! Thanks for the comment love! Love you too!