Monday, January 27, 2014

Grandma's Eskimos


In the mid 1970's my Grandma and Grandpa took a trip from Iowa to Alaska and these bobble head kissing Eskimo dolls were one of the souvenirs she brought home. They were made in Korea and did not resemble any Eskimos that I know.  When my Grandma passed away and Grandpa was moving to the local spa (code word for nursing home) I was the proud recipient of their gift.  It is time that my Grandma's Eskimos had a change of clothes so I got out my paints and set to work.



Kiss me babe!


New faces and the first coat of new clothes.








It was a great day spent remembering my Grandma and hoping she would like their new outfits. Happy Birthday to my Grandma!  Love and miss you! A million tons!

***

4 comments:

Ken said...

These look GREAT!! I'm certain that your Grandma would approve of the update to the kissing eskimos! By the way, Happy Birthday Dorothy!

Julia Mist DJune said...

Huge buckets full of love to you for always being my biggest fan.

Anonymous said...

Hi lovely Alaska daughter! You did a beautiful job on the kissy little eskimos. I am sure that your grandma would be proud of the new clothes. Nice job!! love you-- pass the word! xoxoxox momnbob

Julia Mist DJune said...

Thanks you lovely people . The word is passed :)