Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa Wink

A million words cannot do justice to the things I wish to say to you. I love you, I cherish you, I honor you and I thank you.

Grandparents hold a special place in the hearts of their grandchildren. Always know that my heart fills with joy when the thoughts of you enter my mind. Quiet memories of my childhood drift in with the flowing tide. Memories of milk cows, kittens, horse rides and mini bike riding lessons ~ gone some how to the dogs. Annie Annie Over played over the garage. The snow filled lane at Christmas time. The fire flies in the yard on dark summer nights. The smell of breakfast cooking in the kitchen drifting to the upstairs rooms. The hugs hello and the see you later hugs as we would pile into the car for the drive North to home.

North to home now sometimes feels like a million miles away. Jupiter might as well be home when it comes to the space and distance between grandfather and granddaughter.

Love can bridge the gap and can put two hearts in the same room. Feel my hug and warm kiss on your cheek. I love you! I cherish all the times I get to be in your presents. It will be like we were never apart.

Until we see each other again.
...

No comments: