Monday, December 18, 2017

Shinrin-Yoku







The Japanese practice of Shinrin-Yoku - forest bathing, taking in the forest atmosphere as a form of medicine and healing which comes from simply being in the forest.

A few days ago during our brief but spectacular show of sunlight, I spent some time forest bathing. And I must say I am a healthier person for my time spent among nature. I feel revived and ready to take on whatever is dished my way.

It is a curious thing however, that something that was a natural part of my childhood now is a practice and has a name. Where did that child go that intuitively knew time exploring among the trees was time well spent? It might be high time to rethink my career choice and get out from behind this computer.

Hope your Monday starts and ends well my friends.

...

No comments: