Monday, April 3, 2017

Traveling




A lot of adventures from Alaska start with an airplane ride, and the best way to pass the time is to have something to do.  Crossword puzzles for him and drawing coloring projects for me. We flew from Anchorage, Alaska to Seattle, Washington with a connecting flight to San Francisco on Alaska Airlines. There was a small delay in Seattle but we had built in a bit of extra time just for this type of occurrence, so the hour delay did not hinder us from catching our next flight connection.

After claiming our luggage we checked into our next flight on Air New Zealand for our non stop flight from San Fransisco, California to Auckland, New Zealand.  This leg of the flight was just about 13 hours of flying time but it was a night flight so the time seemed to pass by quickly.

Someone once said, "I travel not to escape life, I travel so that life does not escape me."

This rings so true in my heart after this adventure and my best advice to you all is go.  Turn that 'one day' into 'day one'!






No comments: