Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Show & Tell

Show & Tell time! I just love show & tell time. It is where someone gets to show off a bit of their handy craft work or a really cool item that they own and tell a small story about said article.

Today I feature a widow that you have seen before and if I can find the post I will share it with you. This window is a treasure that we found at our local recycling center (a.k.a. the garbage transfer sight – you know – the dump) and the great thing about it was that it still had all of its original glass intact.

Not too long after it was cleaned up and hanging on our wall I was blessed with a very wonderful gift of the photograph of the cherry tree in the deep of winter. Since our move to Anchorage I have added two other black and white photos to accent my window.

The top left photo is from a very talented friend of a dear friend in Minnesota. It is of her back yard after a late spring snow storm that inspired me to write a few lines. Click HERE to see that post.

The bottom right photo is from the same photographer as the cherry tree, thank you Jake for always being willing to share your fine work with me. It is funny how I have a Brazilian photographs of my own that I think are fairly pleasing to the eye but I always choose to show off another’s great works.

What do you have to show & tell these days?

***
P.S. it was hard to get a decent photo of the window under the lighting conditions at the time.

No comments: