Monday, October 27, 2014

Raw Photo Post Production

This is my formal self-welcome to the digital age and a new way of thinking about photography, which of course might not be new to you but it is still a fairly new concept to me in the way I practice the art of photography. This ol' dog is learning a few new techniques and I owe all the thanks to our oldest son for the introduction to the program RawTherapee. You might think that I should not tag myself as “ol’ dog” but you should know that I am the daughter of photographers and have been developing my own film and printing my own photographs since I was 10 years old. I will always be able to taste the fix in the air at just the thought of the word darkroom.

So as I baby step into my new darkroom and learn to operate the digital enlarger along with mixing the digital chemicals to obtain the perfect exposure, contrast and saturation, I am delighted to know that I just might be able to accomplish a respectable piece of work.

Here are two of my first raw post-processing photographs using RawTherapee.

Before

After

Before

After

Here's to the start of a renewed hobby and baby steps!
Photos were taken along the spit in Homer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That's nice! Beautiful pictures daughter. Can't wait to see more. Love you guys!!! xoxoxoxox momnbob

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! I'm looking to find program options other than Photoshop right now after the changeover to expensive annual subscription vs. ownership. I might have to check this out...

Best regards,

-Jake

Julia Mist DJune said...

Raw Therapee has a good online manual also. Thanks for stopping by and the comment!