Wednesday, January 16, 2013

USS Missouri ~ Mighty Mo

Mighty Mo ~ USS Missouri ~ BB63 ~  served in four wars and was commissioned on June 11, 1944 and its final decommission was March 31, 1992.  She fired her 16" 50 caliber main gun battery in WWII and in the Gulf War.  The Japanese surrendered ending WWII on board Mighty Mo. So much history in one place it is easy to be overwhelmed and well worth a visit.

 

My favorite souvenir when we travel... squished pennies! Good thing that I always had someone looking out for me on this trip to make sure I had correct change for the machines.  Thanks guys! At the Valley of the Temples my squished penny came to me via a kind young lady who gave me 51 cents.  You see I left my bag in the car and had no change in my pockets and she gladly gave me the coins.  I will always be grateful to her for the act of kindness.

No comments: