Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On the Mend


On the mend without Dad ~ tough thing to do ~ the sun shines and we find laughter to get us heading in the right direction. One can only imagine how difficult it is to adjust to life without a parent; I am enrolled in this crash course as we speak.  I aim to show the world a positive disposition which I’m sure will see me through along with strength from our most gracious Lord and I also hope this will be a great example for those close to Dad.

I miss him terribly ~ we all miss him so bad it’s hard to know where to go, what to feel or how to act.  One thing I do know is that Dad would be telling me “Daughter quit your moping and get on with it”!  It is OK to keep moving forward, we can honor him best by being happy and by emulating his kind caring heart and ways.

Here’s to life on the mend and the healing powers of our Lord, friends, family, laughter and sunshine.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like you had a great dad. Thinking of you and it is ok to miss someone. That means they were special special special. Carry him all day in your heart. He is loved by you.

Julia Mist DJune said...

Thanks Christine!

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post! Your determination and positive outlook reminds me of Uncle Merle's beliefs and character. His caring heart and ways are definitely reflected in you, his daughter. You are being a great example to me during this difficult time! Thank you! We love you.

Cousin Roger