Thursday, April 16, 2020

Diaries of a Foisted Home Office


*Because humor is currently my way of dealing with this very stressful time*

Home Office Inmate #32620

Work day 17: I have settled into a routine which always serves me well, as I am sure it does you, and a sense of normalcy has returned to my work tasks. I did return to my campus office the middle of last week, after seeking permission from the administration, to retrieve my full computer workstation desktop and monitors. I thought that working on a laptop would be okay but given the length of time our hunkering down will be, and the type of tasks I routinely perform, it quickly became apparent that I am more efficient working with more monitor real-estate. This change has added stability and comfort to my work day.

The next nuance that I need to master is leaving the job at the home office door, and not bring it into the rest of our home.

I am thankful to be working the type of job that is weighted heavily towards computer based tasks as this allows me the ability to work from home. Something I do not take for granted.

May each of us continue to find peace in these troubling days. Stay strong in mind and spirit, and continued good health to you and yours.





No comments: