Friday, April 26, 2019

Two Soggy Pillows


There was a moment in time when one of my old lives was dying, and one of my new lives was emerging from the darkness. Similar to when the butterfly emerges from its chrysalis, I too began to sense the change, and realized I had wings. This time of change also penetrated my dreams.

When I was a child, and I dreamt that I was being chased by a foe, whether it was an animal or another unknown being, during these dreams I was always just fast enough to outrun whatever was chasing me. Until years later, in one of my dreams, this changed.

I dreamt I was running from a large, teeth glaring, claws slashing grizzly beast.

Running with all my strength!

My heart pounding, my body aching, and no matter how fast I thought I was, this time the beast caught up to me.

I was mauled, bloody, and battered. I was alive. I was in tough shape but I was alive. By some miracle, I had outsmarted the beast and gotten away, and I even managed to save the two pillows I was carrying.

These pillows were made of feathers, and had become soaked with water from a river I had crossed at some point in the dream-filled night, the weight of their load seemed too much to bear but letting them go was not a choice I was willing to make. I gladly carried their heavy burden. I willingly risked all to keep them safe.

That beast took my innocence, and taught me that there is evil in this world. You cannot always outrun it but you can outsmart the evil.

These encounters will make you wiser. You will be stronger. You will heal, and you will learn how to spread your wings and fly.

...

No comments: