Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Day 59



In the past 59 days, I have learned that driving solo from Anchor-town to Fairbanks and back again is for the birds. This was my third time driving solo to Fairbanks in the past 4.9 years but the first time I had to make the return trip alone. It is a grueling drive when you only have your own thoughts for company. 

I have also come to realize that being by myself makes me grumpy. Ill-tempered. Especially when I have to be at the salt mines working the j-o-b. I just hope the people I work around have generous hearts of forgiveness. This too shall pass. 

I'm told it will not be long now and the husband will return from his training. I however am still on the count up; I do not want to get disappointed if the countdown day changes. Which in the realm of aviation is quite possible.

...

No comments: