Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Less is More Upgrade



My less is more conversation got an upgrade when I by chance came across this web site: BuyMeOnce.com. They share my long standing ideas and belief that we need to change the way we purchase, consume, acquire, and discard all the items that surround our daily living.

They have it right, in my mind, when they say “let's throw away our throwaway culture.” I particularly liked their article “Things I Don’t Need…” which of course you can approach it from the other side and make a list of things that you do need. Either way, by making one of these two lists, you will be on the winning side of less is more, plus add the longevity value of your items for the goal & win!

What are a few of the things that you don’t need?


1 comment:

Julia Mist DJune said...

"A new government decree in France that came into force in March 2015 is aimed at fighting this business practice in the appliances industry and is part of a larger movement against planned obsolescence across the European Union."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/interiors/home/the-rise-of-buy-me-once-shopping/