Thursday, August 14, 2014

That List

There has been some controversy in my heart about the words “bucket list”. It seems everyone has one these days and they seem to want to empty their bucket list before they die.

Now it is not that I live or want to live with a cloak of invisibility around me, as I am not invisible to death. I am mortal, true fact. But I do not want to live my life with a bucket that I want to empty, which seems to me the impression that I get from others when they talk about their “bucket list”.

My dear BBF CJ enlightened me to the fact that this list, this bucket, could be used to fill up your life with good memories and laughter. You can fill your bucket with everything from a simple supper with those you love, to a grand adventure traveling the world or anything in between.

Or today! Today is on my list. I want to enjoy today. In fact today found me enjoying coffee with my fella, driving to work, helping a student or two and then home again to enjoy the quiet of my home in my still new Anchorage life, and tomorrow will be another today to enjoy.

I don’t think I will ever have a “bucket list” but I sure will fill my life with as many joys as I can pack into the time I have been given.

I will also not say “someday” without actually attaching a day. Someday may pass you by or worse never come.

No empty bucket. No someday.  
Living life to the fullest and always sharing the love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU!! momnbobxoxoxox