Monday, June 10, 2013

Coffee Toffee

At the end of the semester the university that I work for has staff appreciation day. There are tons of fun and educational activities to part-take in and one of the ones I selected was toffee making.  Now this was a fun hour and a half learning some of the ins and outs of making toffee but it might have been a bad idea.  You see toffee is silly easy to make ~ for the most part.  It is quick to put the ingredients together, boil them on the stove and before you know it time is up and the boiled mixture is ready for the pan to set and cool.  The only trick is getting it to the correct temperature so that it sets up properly.

A friend directed me to the Smitten Kitchen and I just had to try to make this coffee toffee.




I did not put the nuts on the bottom or the chocolate on the top.  Being a beginner at making toffee I wanted to get the toffee part right before I complicated the kitchen.

Buttery sugary goodness!  Good thing I have my boys (young men really) and husband Ken to help eat the goodness ~ thanks for helping me out and making sure I do not eat myself silly sick!

Happy Monday everyone and high five for a GREAT week ahead!

No comments: