Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just One Day


My heart bleeds and my soul shakes with the sense of loss. Missed opportunities learned after the moment has passed shudder through me like an earthquake and unsettle my nerves, unraveling the last bit of resolve there might be for the hope of change.

What was is what will be.

I ask myself ~ have I changed for the better?  What could I have done to foster a different outcome?  Has experiencing death made me a better person?  More caring.  More understanding.  A better daughter, wife, mother, niece, cousin…

Just one day could change the outcome.

Just one day the earth will simmer down and time will diminish the quaking nerves.

The next day will outshine the last.

Sit Down By The Fire by the Veils
Have a listen click HERE to go to YouTube.

...

No comments: