Thursday, March 26, 2020

Diaries of a Foisted Home Office


Updated 30 March

*Because humor is currently my way of dealing with this very stressful time*

Diaries of a Foisted Home Office

Home Office Inmate #32620

Day one: the good thing about my new office work hours is I can get out of bed whenever I want.

The bad news is there is no early release for good behavior.

...

Update: In all seriousness yesterday was a really good day for my first day working from home. I woke up earlier than expected, and found that I was excited to get working. Having gotten dressed and coffee made in record time plus my new morning routine, to help me adjust to the change, 10 minutes of yoga, and I was at my desk at 7:00 am. This morning I was able to practice a bit more control and started working at my normal time of 7:45 am. Our offices open at 8:00 am, like most of the world but I have always liked to be early, get a jump on the day before the office buzzes with activity. Being a morning person can have its benefits.

Our divisional Associate Dean held a virtual meeting with the staff from two of our four college units. It was so successful it was decided that next week we will include all four divisions in our college. A fantastic win for us. This is a rare occasion for this group to have a weekly scheduled meeting to stay connected and to share information.

We are living in the future, and there will be positive changes that emerges when everyone in the worlds feels like they can breathe.

...

No comments: