Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Project





This bed has been in town a very long time. In fact as the story goes the original owner was about to toss it over the Wendell Street bridge sometime in the late 40’s early 50’s when a friend of my Aunt Karen’s and her husband were driving by and stopped to ask the fella who was discarding the bed if they could have it.  A few years back my Aunt Karen ended up with the bed and last year she gave it to me. 

These photos were taken after I had stripped off all the layers of old paint.  The layers were white then gold and a brassy copper color.  When I am finished it will be a semi-gloss black with the brass center piece cleaned and repaired best I can. 

We have to modify it some as it is for a full size bed and our new bed is a queen size. 

No comments: