Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ultimate Let Down -vs- The Truth

Tell the truth ~ draw the line. The truth can be a fine line between what you want to say and what y0u should say.

Honesty in the end is a must. Telling the truth brings prospective. A view that you would never have given the lie you might tell. We all have those moments in life where the lie might seem like a light in the tunnel, yet it becomes a black hole, that never ending abyss. Darkness leading to a cave of achromatic light, possessing no hue, no true value. Lies are not becoming. Lies are not who you were meant to become. Even a lie told only to yourself is a lie.

We cannot kid ourselves into thinking that we are different, that we are the only ones to feel this way or to have to go down this path of let down. History repeats. Others have been here and felt this pain.

In order to get the truth out of someone else you have to be truthful with yourself.

Truth be told I was not the perfect daughter. I made choices that lead me into that cave. The weary evenings my parents have spent wondering where to turn, what to say must have aged them just as I now gray. My saving grace is that I was able to claw my way out of that abyss and back into the light. In the end we all find our way. Some sooner than later.

To my sons: remember always that the darkness can suck you under. Forever fight the darkness and yearn to live in the light of the truth.

Without the truth ~ without trust everything falls apart.
...

No comments: