Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I Am



I am a kind and compassionate person. I am caring and easily wounded. I do not need to 'suck it up' nor do I need to 'put on my big boy pants' or 'grow a thicker skin'. I need to be who I am, large of heart and caring. I need to continue to be compassionate towards others and myself. I need to continue to disagree with those that believe stern harsh words, spoken in a loud angry voice, are the only way to deliver their message. When in fact their way is the least desirable method in the land of the enlightened 21st century.

In the three years that I have been employed at UAA, I have been publicly bullied and verbally abused. Unbelievably UAA has treated me with more disrespect than my ten years in aviation combined, and let me tell you Marty Hall is no saint.

Today starts my fourth year and I will continue to be kindhearted toward others and myself all the while standing my ground for honesty in my daily work.

Let good manners and polite society rules win in the 21st century and beyond. Long live the Duck Dodgers.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It breaks my heart to think that as adults, in a working community, that we must still be subject to such cruelness. It is bad enough that it happens as a little girl in grade school, or even high school, but adults. Grow up people. But, you hit the nail on the head, that you are a kind, compassionate, and caring person, also giving, and they can never take that away from you, and for those of us in your life, we are forever grateful. Keep smiling. Grace.

Julia Mist DJune said...

Thank you for your kind words dear friend. Love you!

CarolJo said...

You are.....a kind and compassionate person! Some see these qualities as a weekness. It saddens me that a place of educated people act so uneducated.

Anonymous said...

You are too and we are both kind sensitive people and that is okay.