Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy Birthday


When I was a young girl this was one of my favorite books, such a beloved book that the cover was tattered and worn. Perhaps it was the fact that I always loved it when it was my birthday, perhaps because I have always liked sending and receiving mail or perhaps it was the realistic looking artwork and I could imagine that I too was part of the party. It certainly was not because they have scary blank eyes, I must have overlooked that as a child.







In my continued quest for less is more and the packing to move to the big city process, I am saying goodbye to several items that have been with me almost five decades. These items hold great memories and will always be remembered, especially now that digital photography allows us to easily document them.

What is your favorite childhood item that brings back the happiest of memories?

Happy Saturday and Happy Birthday!

 

1 comment:

Ken said...

Hooray for birthdays! Especially when its yours. Have great day. I love you!!