Monday, March 18, 2013

Photo Wall Art


In my quest for the less is more I had to tackle a very large project that involved the photos on the bedroom wall. You see back in the day when I still thought that I had to acquire things to be considered successful I started framing my favorite photos and hung them in the bedroom. I have a passion for photographs and love to take them and display them so naturally this was a fitting scheme. Most of these frames were purchased at the local second hand stores or garage sales so there was not a lot of money spent on them nor were they of the best quality. After 15 years the photos hung from floor to ceiling and corner to corner. Not an inch remained uncovered. In fact I had to rearrange them three times over the years, twice to make more room and once because it was time to paint.

This time when all the photos were taken down because we were remodeling I let the less is more kick into gear and this is the end result. Now you might look at these three photos and think wow that is still a ton of photos, but trust me when I say this truly is less. It took several month of having the photos in boxes before I finally got around to hanging them and I am pleased with the way this project has turned out. The photos seem to flow from one wall to the next like the Northern Lights moving through the room. They are a collection of some my most favorite photos of the people I hold dear in my life.

It feels great to have yet another project completed and to have less in the house.

What projects are you working on?

...

 

2 comments:

CarolJo said...

WOW! Great flow....lots of time and planning!

Julia Mist DJune said...

It took the better part of the day and into to last evening but time well spent!