Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hershey Bar Toast



On Sunday the boys came over for Sunday supper, well they are not boys anymore but young men that we are very proud of, and after a delicious meal of salmon, asparagus, wild rice with a fancy dill cream sauce served in Downton Abby fashion we had a Hershey’s bar toast. It was a toast to a wonderful Dad, and most excellent Grandpa. It was one of those extra-large bars the kind that you can share four ways with each person having a pleasant amount of chocolate to eat.

We had been listening to music in the background from my IPod playing the songs on shuffle, which had been playing for most of the day, and wouldn’t you know it the very moment that I had the Hershey’s bar divvied up and we each pick up our piece for a toast this song filled the room….

Coincidence… I think not!
...

4 comments:

Ken said...

It was a great day. The best in fact. When we throw a Hershey Bar day party, you can bet that all in attendance are doing it right!

Julia Mist DJune said...

Smiles, hugs, tears, and hearts filled with love for a GREAT man!

CarolJo said...

Going through this journey with my brother I'm discovering there are a lot less coincidences in this world. I'm so happy you received the gift of song during your Hershey Bar Toast.

Julia Mist DJune said...

Take yesterday for example... I play hookie from work and go in an hour late not really knowing the reason why until you call me and we have a GREAT conversation!

The song was a gift, thank you for giving me/us the right word!