Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trip Tin







When we travel and road trip around the state or the world I am always picking up little trinkets from nature.  Wildflowers are my favorite.  I take their picture and I pick a flower or two to enjoy for the day.  When we road trip my side of the dashboard becomes a flower drying perch.  It is the perfect place to arrange the flowers and the sun shining in the windshield dries them to perfection.  When I get home I coat them with shellac and place them in a tin to always remember my travels.  I have also started collecting some sand from the deserts we have visited or the sand from along the banks of rivers to line the bottom of the tins. 

Here is my latest tin from this summer’s Alaska travels.

Names of some of my finds:
Arctic Aster
Dwarf Hawksbeard
Cotton Grass
Dwarf Arctic Butterweed
Arctic Lupine
and King’s Crown
...

No comments: