Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Know it's Getting Close to Spring

You know it’s getting close to springtime in Alaska as the crazy people start to come out of hiding and try to rejoin society and all the social norms we have grown to know and love.  Granted Alaska is cold and dark for three straight months and these environmental effects can affect us in different ways.

I would like to share with you an email I received recently.  These types of emails and phone calls are not uncommon in my work place.  The funny thing is I work at a university where one of our main missions is to educate, I wonder what type of education the folks who sent this email might need?

Have a read and let me know what you think?

“I was referred to your department by the Alcohol Beverage Control Board. 

My husband and I feel he was poisoned for over a year by a local bartender.  Once we suspected he was being poisoned we took a couple of samples and kept part of a glass to be tested at a later date.  It is too expensive to send samples to be tested and wondered if you would be interested in having these samples as a project for one of your classes. 

Thank you for your consideration.”


...

2 comments:

Ken said...

Help! I think I'm being poisoned! Call the police? No, I'll take samples and call the Chemistry department at the local University! So is this person an idiot or a moron?

Julia Mist DJune said...

Idiot or moron ~ that depends are they acting like a 3 year old or a 12 year old?

:]