Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Can You Hear Me?

Can you hear me? Do you know that I am here? Right now I could be watching T.V., eating fat free donuts, I could be bored waiting for something to happen, oh and hey I have a rock in my shoe.

The need to be heard is great among humans. Hear me, think of me, remember me. Like you, I have a desire to be heard, to be remembered or to be found if someone thought I was lost among the masses.

In our culture there are several mediums, some good and some not so good, that we can use if we wish to be heard, found or remembered. I have explored two of these mediums, Facebook and blogging. With each you need an account, with each you try to make a connection, but with in-your-face-book you log into your account and are bombarded with trivial nonsense about people you may or may not know. You are constantly asked to make new friends, claim someone as a relative, you can even 'poke' someone. With a blog such as this you invite others to visit at their leisure.

This blog is not selling anything, not asking you to be anyone else's friend, or even begging for your attention. It is just a place for self expression and if you, as my invited friends, choose to stop by for a quick read you can share in my thoughts and some of life's happenings.
...

2 comments:

Ken said...

I hear you cluckin' big chicken. I like stopping in here, the conversation is never fowl...

CJ said...

Hey, speaking of fowl conversation...it's been a while I ought to give Mistletoe a call:)

I have been asked to join facebook. I like to blog because it gives me freedom of expression through my writing. I don't have time to be a member of everything on the web...I wouldn't be able to keep all my accounts straight!

I can hear you loud and clear...Roger 1:9 that. HA! HA!